Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hopping the Pond

Well I have officially been in England for 5 whole days and I love it! I'm starting now to recap what I have been up to so far and, let me tell ya, it is a lot. 

This is me, all packed up and ready to go obviously, before making the trek to Calgs. Look at how adorable I am....

Me and the kid. We were super Canadian and enjoyed some Tim Horton's before my departure.


At takeoff on the plane, I almost starting freaking out, but there were small children on the flight. I thought, if they can do it, so can I...and I actually even looked at the window as we went up and it was a hoot!
Somewhere in Canada. The flight was long but not unbearable. I didn't go to the bathroom because I was in a window seat and two large men sat next to me sleeping the whole time. I know, TMI. I watched three and a half movies, including Mirror Mirror which I thoroughly enjoyed and found myself laughing out loud to. 

ENGLAND

The long creepy hallway to the Tube!
I was so happy to have no trouble getting into England and I found my luggage very easily. I got some cash and their money is colourful too! They also have one and two dollar coins. I wish I would've have taken more pics on my way over to the Center but I was just stressed that I would get lost on the Tube. It was surprisingly easy (albeit a little bit sketchy) and I got here by 12:30. As soon as I got here they forced me to go on a walk around London for one of my classes and go get an Oyster card (which is like a bus pass for the Tube).  By the time I got home at 5-ish I was sooooooooo tired. But after that first day I haven't actually been that tired from jet lag, more from just going, going, going all day long! 

1 comment:

  1. Finally!! Great to see some pic's. Hyde Park looks pretty nice. Have you gone for a bike ride through it yet? Good control on the plane, weren't you dying by the end? Keep us posted. mom

    ReplyDelete